What's going on?
click for more details
Welcome to the home page of St. Paul's Church, Oldham. St Paul's is one of many parish churches in the Church of England. It is part of the Diocese of Manchester.
St. Paul's church building stands on the corner of Ashton Road and Broadway Street Oldham.
Please note that this is the website for St. Paul's, Oldham - not St. Paul's, Royton.
We aim to live out the Christian Gospel faithfully, as individuals and as a community. We offer a range of activities for children and adults.
For any information regarding times of church services, uniformed organisations, church activities or parish personnel etc. please select the appropiate button on the left-hand side navigation list.
For information about booking a Baptism (Christening), Marriage or Renewal of Marriage Vows, please look under "Special Services" in the navigation menu on the left. Or you can contact Nick, the Vicar, by or by phone on 0161 624 1068. Details on how to organise a Funeral will appear soon.
To see a larger version of any picture on this website, simply click on it.
We are approaching the time of year when parents are thinking about school admissions for their children.
I hope the following information is helpful for anyone considering an application to a church school on behalf of their child, so that their child can have an education with a Christian ethos:
- School admissions policies are set by school governors. Church of England schools in the Oldham area offer some of their places to church members - as objectively measured by regular church attendance over a period of time, and / or baptism.
- School admissions policies are publicly available. To avoid last minute upset and confusion, parents / guardians should ensure that they are familiar with them well in advance.
- Follow these links to find the relevant Admissions Policies:
Admissions Policies for Oldham Primary Schools
Admissions Policies for Oldham Secondary Schools
(These pages also have useful data about previous years' admissions; links to school websites; and downloadable Supplementary Forms.)
- There are very many excellent schools in the Oldham area - church schools or not. Congregation members of St. Paul's are happy to have children at both church and non-church schools. Some serve as governors at both church and non-church schools.
- At St. Paul's, we will ask parents who wish to submit an application form for admission to a church school
- to submit their Supplementary Form to the Vicar well in advance of the closing date
- to indicate the level of attendance that they think they satisfy
- the parish will then either (a) endorse the level of attendance you have indicated or (b) discuss the matter further with you. However please be aware that we are not prepared to sign forms containing incorrect information.