Mission Action Plan
You could think of these as our "Aims & Objectives" or as our Priorites for Mission and Action.
A To support people in growing into more engaged worship of Almighty God.
- To put on a broader range of social activities, to attract a broader range of people (and ask people what events they would like).
- To develop a supervised soft play area during church services, catering for the needs of children who can not yet attend Sunday School.
- To restore the organ, and appoint an organist to support the choir's growth.
- To provide services and music that match the congregation's diversity (of age, background, etc) with
- a diversity of styles of music
- a diversity of presentation (including the use of screens to enrich worship) and
- exploring diverse times and types of services.
- To help new, and newer, people into more active roles and ministries in church.
- To run a Stewardship campaign, focusing on Skills as well as Money.
- To set up a "Welcome" task group
- To encourage new members onto the PCC : elected members must now take a year off after serving for a 3 year term (subject to agreement by the APCM; a Treasurer and Secretary can be co-opted). AGREED AT APCM
- To trial an evening service, for a year, aiming at children and families, especially those who work on a Sunday morning.
B To make greater use of our visible and invisible assets in the service of our neighbour.
- to develop a logo that represents the church.
- more and better publicity.
- fence in the paved area to create a space that can be used by church and community groups; and to reduce anti-social behaviour in the church grounds.
- enhance our offering of the front of the church as a community garden by (a) installing a new bin; (b) installing new forms (benches).
- invest in the Community Room and activities that take place there for (a) community engagement and service; (b) viability.
- invite the Diocesan Stewardship Officer to meet with the PCC.
- Find a new regular volunteer for Pop In.
- encourage the development of the shop: more volunteers; different opening times; better publicity.
- Think through the Notice boards in the Community Room.
- Organise an auction of promises. (Adrienne to organise; early March) COMPLETED MARCH 2018
C To develop effective working relationships with partners in Mission and Ministry:
- St. Thomas, Werneth (Mission Partnership) and also
Holy Trinity, Coldhurst; St. Stephen and All Martyrs, Oldham; St. Mary with St. Peter, Oldham (Mission Unit).
- St. Martin's School and other local schools;
- groups and individuals in the local community whatever their culture, religion, or age.
- that a church should be a place where the generous, forgiving love of God in Christ is made real in practical ways.
- that a church should be a community that welcomes all people whatever their age, situation, or background.
- that a church should dedicate itself to the worship of Almighty God, using all the richness and variety of resources that God has given us.
- that we are not there yet - but by the grace of God, this is what we hope to become.
- that a church should work, alone and with others, for good in its community, and in the world: for justice, for a better quality of life, for stronger communities.
- that a church is not just a virtual community, but a real, physical community. We hope that this website will enrich our life as a church, and offer you ways to take part in it - or just provide you with resources to help you deepen your faith.