The Parish of St. Paul, Oldham
St. Paul's Church Garden
Over the last few months, our plans for the garden have finally been moving forwards:
- We have received grants (see below).
- We reapplied for planning permission, on the basis of our amended plans to fill in the steps at the back of church.
- The railings have now been put up, at the top and bottom of the paved area behind the church, to secure it, and make it safe.
- Already, two teams of volunteers have been in the church grounds, from the congregation and Guides - planting shrubs, pruning, and digging up overgrown ones, on three occasions.
- The Garden Task group has met to plan how to make best use of the space available to us at the front and at the back
We are grateful to the following for their financial support of this project:
- Manchester Diocese
- Local Councillors
- Tesco Bags of Help, and
- Members of St. Paul's Congregation
We look forward to moving forward with our plans to develop the enclosed area, and make it green and attractive - and as biodiverse as possible! We know that St. Paul's Guides are keen to expand their Annual Plant Sale, using the space to grow more plants. The best places to put a polytunnel, and raised beds can now be investigated.
Diary of Improvements
The Bottom Railings were completed
The Top Railings were completed
Shrubs were planted by the Vestry Steps