The Parish of St. Paul, Oldham
Attending Church during the Pandemic
Our services are as advertised in the Diary towards the bottom of this page. Services are alternating between St. Paul, Oldham, and St. Thomas, Werneth, on Sunday mornings.
There will be no Sunday School, Singing, Refreshments, or Holy Communion at this stage. The services will look and feel very different from normal as we work to make the buildings as safe as possible to open on a Sunday morning:
- We have carried out a Covid-19 risk assessment.
- We have cleaning, hand cleansing, and hygiene procedures in place, in line with government guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help households maintain a 2m distance within our church.
- We have taken particular steps to make our services more child-friendly, given that there is no Sunday School
Given the urgency of the situation in Oldham, we expect you:
- not to come in if you are feeling unwell, or have experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the past 14 days;
- to take responsibility for your own safety, and for the safety of your household and other people by maintaining social distancing and observing all hygiene measures
- to reduce unneccessary movement (e.g. do not come in and out of the buidling more than necessary) and do not gather outside.
- to ensure all children are supervised at all times
- to wear a facemask. (You can buy one on the way in.)
- not to socialize after the service.
Please continue to watch this space for further updates.
You can usually find a list of forthcoming services on the diary page.
On a Sunday morning the services usually alternate between Holy Communion and Morning Prayer. Services start at 10 am and last around an hour. There is plenty of singing, and the congregation is accompanied by choir, and supported by a server and a crucifer.
Sunday School takes place at the same time, and there are facilities for children who are too young for Sunday School.
The congregation includes a range of ages (the youngest member is currently 1 and the oldest is 99) and different ethnic groups.
Refreshments in the Community Room follow the service. You can be assure of a warm, but gentle welcome!
St. Paul's Risk Assessment Meeting
All Saints Sunday
St. Thomas' Church
St. Paul's Church
2nd Sunday before Advent
St. Thomas' Church